The Australian Building Codes Board has added a new page to its website entitled “Non-Conforming Building Products”.
This webpage is presumably a response to various concerns raised about the risks of using substandard products or materials (‘non-conforming’), or using products and materials incorrectly (‘non-complying’).
The new webpage has general information on non-conforming building products (NCBP) including answering questions such as:
- what are non-conforming building products?
- what are the requirements for compliance and conformance for building products?
- what are the responsibilities of the various stakeholders?
- how to ensure that the right building products are being used?
- what to do in the event of non-conformance?
- how to lodge a query or report a suspected non-complying building product.
To visit the page, click here.