Second-hand smoke is a known cause of cancer and any level of exposure is unsafe. Allowing more people to live smoke-free by reducing their exposure to second-hand smoke is a priority for Cancer Council NSW.
Residents of apartment buildings are more at risk of second-hand smoke exposure because smoke can easily move between residences. Click here to see the Cancer Council’s Guide to Smoke-free Living. This toolkit is designed to help residents and owners corporations to make their apartment complex smoke-free.