Energy efficiency is a concern for many strata schemes that we talk to with several schemes recently upgrading their common property to capitalise on new technology and the ability to save money. This is becoming increasingly important with energy costs rising and councils signing up to carbon emission reduction programs. For instance the City of Sydney has a Sustainable Sydney 2030 target of 70% carbon emission reduction. An interesting report for the City of Sydney by Wattblock details research on schemes in the City of Sydney and provides ideas of how energy efficiency can be achieved in existing residential buildings by retrofitting existing solutions. The report can be found here:
Recent News & Publications
- New Dispute Resolution Scheme under the Building Act 2004
- Spedding v The Owners – Units Plan 3941 (Unit Titles)  ACAT 49
- What Is An Unreasonable Reason To Refuse To Make A By-Law?
- Can An Owners Corporation Add Its Legal Fees For Recovering Unpaid Contributions To The Defaulting Lot Owner’s Ledger?
- Henry Kazar v Italian & Continental Bakery Pty Ltd & Anor  ACTSC 9 (8 February 2008)
Sign up for our Newsletter
Join our mailing list for updates, case reviews and news from Kerin Benson Lawyers