Energy efficiency is a concern for many strata schemes that we talk to with several schemes recently upgrading their common property to capitalise on new technology and the ability to save money. This is becoming increasingly important with energy costs rising and councils signing up to carbon emission reduction programs. For instance the City of Sydney has a Sustainable Sydney 2030 target of 70% carbon emission reduction. An interesting report for the City of Sydney by Wattblock details research on schemes in the City of Sydney and provides ideas of how energy efficiency can be achieved in existing residential buildings by retrofitting existing solutions. The report can be found here:
Recent News & Publications
- Electing The Strata Committee: How To Vote For Strata Committee Members
- You Don’t Agree With An NCAT Decision? The Requirements Of An Appeal
- EV Ready – Retrofitting Your Strata Building With EV Charging Infrastructure.
- How To Conduct A Meeting Of The Owners Corporation? Some Tips.
- LSJ Article – When Building Work Is Not Iron Clad
Sign up for our Newsletter
Join our mailing list for updates, case reviews and news from Kerin Benson Lawyers