Energy efficiency is a concern for many strata schemes that we talk to with several schemes recently upgrading their common property to capitalise on new technology and the ability to save money. This is becoming increasingly important with energy costs rising and councils signing up to carbon emission reduction programs. For instance the City of Sydney has a Sustainable Sydney 2030 target of 70% carbon emission reduction. An interesting report for the City of Sydney by Wattblock details research on schemes in the City of Sydney and provides ideas of how energy efficiency can be achieved in existing residential buildings by retrofitting existing solutions. The report can be found here:
Recent News & Publications
- Access Arrangements In The Time Of COVID: Do You Need To Give Access To Workers Engaged By The Owners Corporation?
- KBL Guide To Voting Using Zoom For Strata Managers
- Are Administrative Fees In By-Laws Valid?
- Keeping of Animals in Strata Schemes – an Ongoing Saga
- I have my draft by-law, what happens next? FAQ’s about the by-law process
Sign up for our Newsletter
Join our mailing list for updates, case reviews and news from Kerin Benson Lawyers