The latest research from UNSW’s City Futures Research Centre providing an update into strata and community title schemes has been released.
Some key NSW scheme facts:
- There are 83,998 strata schemes registered in NSW
- 40% of strata schemes were registered since 2000
- Approximately 1.1 million people live in strata schemes in NSW
- Of the lots in strata schemes:
- 48% of people living in them are renting;
- 13% own their lot outright,
- 16% own their lot but have a mortgage;
- 11% of lots are unoccupied; and
- A further 12% of lots could not be categorised into any of the above.
- In terms of the ages of people in our strata lots:
- 16% of residents are under 20 years
- 48% of residents are between 20 – 39 years
- 21% of residents are between 40 – 59 years; and
- 15% of residents are over 60.
For those with an interest in seeing the increase in strata and community titles over time, this link shows strata development over time: https://cityfutures.be.unsw.edu.au/cityviz/strata-schemes-australia-new-zealand/